Comment on page
The Passive Filter bar is placed at the top of each page at Connect Dashboard. Using this Filter bar, it is possible to filter the displayed data on each page based on multiple parameters, like Project, Groups, Tags, etc...
Filter bar - Data from All Groups is displayed
To set filters, click anywhere on the Filter bar and it will expand with all filtering options.
Filter bar expanded - All filtering options
There are multiple sections at the expanded Filter bar:
- 1.Project - There you will find all projects under your account. Choose the project that you want to view its data on the platform. Keep in mind that if you are not an Admin account, some projects might be restricted to you by the Admin.
- 2.Groups - There you will find all groups under the selected project. The default selected option is
All Groups, which means the data you will see at the dashboard is related to all groups under the selected project. If you choose a specific group, you can click on the
Additional Groupbutton to filter data from multiple groups. Keep in mind that if you choose multiple groups, the data on the dashboard will be related to all of the selected groups.
- 3.Additional Filters - This section lets you filter the data based on multiple parameters. Those filters will be applied on top of the selected project and groups. Meaning whatever additional filter you will apply, will be applied to the devices from the selected project and selected groups. After choosing the filter parameter, you need to choose the operand for that filter, it can be either
IS NOT. After choosing the operand, you will have the option to choose the value for that filter. After choosing the value, click on the
Applybutton to apply this filter. The filtering options are:
- 1.Specific Device - using this filter you can view data of a specific device. When you choose this filter, all devices from the selected project/groups will be displayed as possible values in the search input. Keep in mind that you can select only one specific device each time.
- 2.Tag - using this filter you can view data of devices with certain tags. You can choose to filter by multiple tags. Keep in mind that if you choose more than 1 tag, only data of devices that have ALL of the chosen tags will be shown.
- 3.Application - using this filter you can view data of devices with the selected app. You can specify the app version or use the
ANYoption to select all versions. Keep in mind that you can select only one application each time.
- 4.Devices state - using this filter you can view data of devices that are currently either
- 5.Deployment - using this filter you can view the data of devices that are part of the selected deployment with the chosen status. Keep in mind that you can select only one deployment status for each deployment.
The applied filters will be displayed at the minified Filter bar for quick view.
The Active Filter tool lets you choose which devices will receive a certain task. For example, when you deploy an update, you will use the Active Filter to choose which devices will receive that update.
The Active Filter will be displayed under each tool that supports it. To open the filter, click on the
Select Devicesbutton and a window with the Active Filter tool will pop up.
Active Filter tool window
Choose the filter attributes that reflect the devices you would like to run the task on and click on the
After clicking on the
Nextbutton, you will see the total amount of devices that your filter affects at the moment and the filter attributes you have chosen. If all is looking good, click on the
Finishbutton to apply that filter. If something is missing, you can click on the
Backbutton to choose different filter attributes.
After clicking on the
Finishbutton, the filter will be applied and as soon as you run the task, the devices that will receive that task will be those who match that filter at the moment you run the task.
Keep in mind that the total affected device number that is shown might be different than the real amount of devices that receive the task. The exact devices that will receive the task will be filtered at the time you run the task, which might be a few seconds/minutes after you select the filter attributes.
Why does it matter? The output of the task you run, will not be displayed on the page because it is filtered differently through the Passive Filter. It is common to forget about the Passive Filter and be confused about whether the task successfully ran or not. So if you choose to run the task on a different filter selection than the Passive one, make sure to change it accordingly to view the output of that task.