Comment on page
The Deploy Containers action block provides an easy way to deploy a single container image or multiple containers using Docker Compose to your IoT devices.
JFrog Connect agent utilizes Docker and the Docker Compose engine to pull and run the image containers to the edge. Therefore, Docker standard practices are applied when pulling images (e.g., Docker cache and image layers).
- JFrog Connect account and at least one device registered.
- Docker and/or Docker-compose installed
One or more container images ready for deployment. If you need to push an image to the JFrog Platform, use the docker tag and docker push commands as shown below.
To include the Deploy Containers action block in your update flow, do the following:
- 1.Go to Updates in the left sidebar and click Create Update Flow.
- 2.Drag the Deploy Containers action block and drop it in the workflow.
Click the action block to open and configure it.
- 1.Enter a name for the action block.
- 2.Choose the registry account where your Docker image resides. This could be either the JFrog Default registry that was created automatically when your Connect account was created or an Other Registry.
- 3.(Optional) If you chose Other Registry in the previous step, you can associate any registry account of your choice, including an existing one listed in the dropdown box, or you can add a new registry account.
After you have completed the configuration, click On Failure to configure your failure policy. Upon failure, the default Do Action is Revert Docker Compose File. This means that if the action or update fails, the rollback will revert to the Docker Compose file of the last successfully running application.