Comment on page
The Run Script action block enables you to run a bash script on your edge device.
You might have several reasons to use the Run Script action block, such as preparing the edge devices for installing a new software version or doing some special tasks after a version has been received. You may also have scripts that help to resolve issues in a software version that is running on the device.
Exit codes are utilized to confirm the successful execution of a script and ensure that the procedure completed without encountering any errors.
- JFrog Connect account and at least one device registered.
- A script file ready for deployment.
To include the Run Script action block in your update flow, do the following:
- 1.Go to Updates in the left sidebar and click Create Update Flow.
- 2.Drag the Run Script action block and drop it in the workflow.
Click the action block to open and configure it.
- 1.Enter a name for the action block.
- 2.Enter (drag and drop or browse) the script file in the script box.
- 3.If you want to use any of the features below, click Advanced:
- Expected Exit Code: Enter an exit code if you have one.
- Enter Path to Binary: Enter the path on the device where the script should run.
- Script Arguments: Fill in any values required for script arguments.
You can run additional blocks in the workflow.