The Active category provides tools to actively push security settings to devices
The firewall tool provides the option to push and manage firewall rules on devices directly from Connect dashboard.
Using the firewall tool, you can set default network policies and specific network rules for the entire fleet or a dedicated device.
For each policy/rule you must set a name. The name must be unique to other policies/rules. You will later apply those policies/rules on your devices based on that name, therefore we recommend setting the name as indicative of the actual policy/rule.
Policies - When setting a policy, the action will influence all network data according to the policy traffic direction you set. The possible traffic directions are: INBOUND, OUTBOUND. The possible actions are: ACCEPT, BLOCK.
Rules - When setting a rule, the action will influence the network data based on all other parameters you set for that rule. The possible parameters are:
- Action - the action on the network. Can be either ACCEPT or BLOCK.
- Traffic - the traffic direction of the network data. Can be either INBOUND or OUTBOUND.
- Protocol - the protocol this rule will apply on. Can be all (for all protocols), tcp, udp or icmp.
- Port - the port this rule will apply on. If left blank, all ports will be applied.
- Address - the address this rule will apply on. Can be a domain name or IP address. If domain is entered, the domain will be resolved to IP address on Connect servers and the rule will be applied on the resolved IP address. If the domain has multiple IP addresses, the first resolved one will be applied. Local domains are currently not supported. If left blank, all addresses will be applied.
The OS Security Update tool lets you deploy, manage and monitor system security updates on your devices with a single click.
To deploy an OS security update, choose the devices you would like to be updated, select the Package Manager that is installed on your devices and click on the "Deploy security update" button.
The selected devices will receive the update as soon as possible (immediately or if they are offline, as soon as they turn on).
To view the progress of the update, click on the
Update Detailscolumn in the
Security updates historytable.