Users that use JFrog Platform, can connect it to JFrog Connect to have a seamless experience when switching between the platforms. To connect the platforms, firstly, contact our support team and ask to open that option for your account (currently this is available per user request).
When that option is available for your account, you should see a button "Connect JFrog Account" under the Settings category:
Follow the next steps to configure the integration:
In your JFrog Platform navigate to the Administration Settings -> Security -> Integrations and click on the "New Client Integration" button. Choose the "JFrog Connect" integration from the Applications dropdown options list:
2. Choose a name for your integration and click on the "Generate Client ID & Secret" button:
3. In JFrog Connect platform, click on the "Connect JFrog Account" button and fill the details according to those you received in the previous step (Client ID, Secret, Platform Base URL). You can enter any Integration Name, as you wish:
4. Click on the "Connect Account" button, you should be redirected to JFrog Platform. If you are already logged-in, you will be asked to accept the integration. If you are not logged-in, then login to your JFrog Platform user and accept the integration.
After accepting, you should be redirected back to JFrog Connect platform. If the integration worked, you will see on the left of your name at the top menu JFrog's logo and your name will be modified to: <jfrog platform username>@<jfrog platform url>. Also, the "Connect JFrog Account" button will be switched with the Integration Name you entered:
Now when the integration is in place, you can:
login to JFrog Connect using your JFrog Platform user.
Invite new users and force them to login with their JFrog Platform user.
Seamlessly move from JFrog Platform to JFrog Connect.
Use out-of-the-box features that use JFrog Platform tools.
Login using JFrog Platform user
Now when your JFrog Platform is connected, you can login to JFrog Connect using your user from JFrog Platform.
logout from JFrog Connect and click on the "Continue with JFrog" button:
2. Enter your JFrog Connect email and click on "Login with JFrog":
3. You will be redirected to JFrog Platform login page. Login with your details, and you will be redirected back to JFrog Connect.
Seamless move from JFrog Platform to JFrog Connect
As soon as the integration will be in place, clicking on the "Connect" button in JFrog Platform will redirect you to JFrog Connect and automatically log you in: